A thoughtful idea appreciated by all female guests at a wedding is a toiletry basket found in the ladies bathroom at your wedding/reception venue. These can be made for relatively cheap, but will be appreciated by everyone!
Using a basket is optional, I know a number of brides who just arranged the items next to the sink and managed to create the look they were after.
Below is a comprehensive list of items most female guests would appreciate.
- Spray deodorant – think plain and simple smells, nothing too flowery or pungent. The brand Sure is usually a good bet, and their range of no-white-mark sprays would be perfect for spraying around evening outfits.
- Hairspray – medium hold is usually good idea as it is neither too light or too heavy
- Nail file – essential! The amount of times I’ve caught and broken a nail but had no file to hand could be counted on about 5 peoples hands!
- Clear nail varnish – not only good for repairing any varnish chips, but also holds together ladders in tights!
- Baby wipes – good for babies, good for adults!
- Chewing gum/mints – a handy remedy for garlic breath!
- Gaviscon – for dodgy tummies!
- Paracetamol – handy for sore heads! Especially for non-drinkers who have headaches from noisy music!
- Ibuprofen – ditto to paracetamol!
- Plasters – blisters. Need I say more?
- Hair slides – for mid-evening hair repairs!
- Hair bands – as above!
- Cotton buds – fixing make up dilemmas!
- Pantiliners – for lady disasters!
- Hairbrush – for taming those unruly locks!
- Lint roller brush – for tidying up suits and dresses!
- Body spray – to replace the worn away perfume!
A nice little addition is to leave a note explaing what you are leaving for them. The best one I’ve seen is as follows:
“So happy you’re hear to share our special day!!
But should something happen to go astray,
Please help yourself to the contents within,
Hairspray, lotion, gum and even asprin!
Use only what you need and leave the rest,
It may be useful for another guest!
So repair the damage that may have been done,
Then hurry back to join the fun!!”
Print it out and put it in a photoframe to give it an elegant and classy look!
You could also do this on a smaller scale for the men’s toilets!
Include items such as deodorant (Lynx is usually a popular choice), hair gel, condoms, plasters, paracetamol, ibuprofen and other handy items!